AUM College of Engineering and Technology aims to nurture the intellectual, professional, and personal development of its students. Technology is rapidly transforming our lives. A successful endeavor for engineering and technology students at these changing times requires engineering and technology programs that pay more attention to the different technologies and their rapid evolution, technical, career-specific and social skills. This is clearly reflected in AUM’s educational philosophy. Our engineering and technology programs are designed to keep up with the most up to date technological advances, emphasizing both theory and practice while forming intellectual connections across a breadth of disciplines, and promoting independent thinking.
Currently, the College of Engineering and Technology offers several academic Engineering programs in: Industrial, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical Engineering, in addition to two Technology Programs in: Information System Technology as well as Telecommunications and Networking Technology. Students enrolling in these degree programs are given an opportunity to develop a strong background in the engineering sciences, harmoniously combining theory with application to learn the critical design, analytical and behavioral skills necessary to function well as active participants in a multidisciplinary technical environment.
In order to achieve a leading position and maintain the delivery of best quality services, the College of Engineering and Technology continues to develop top notch educational resources, lab facilities and academic infrastructure. The College is developing new academic programs that reflect the demand for engineering graduates in some other traditional, new and emerging areas of technology.
A. College of Engineering and Technology Vision
Achieve excellence in engineering and technology education and research that meets the societal and global needs.
B. College of Engineering and Technology Mission
The College of Engineering and Technology is dedicated to maintaining high quality academic programs by adopting a learner centered approach. The college aspires to prepare students for life-long learning and careers in engineering and technology with emphasis on leadership skills and creative work so they can lead cultural, social and economic development.
C. College of Engineering and Technology Strategic Objectives
- Maintain broad and well balanced curricula in line with international standards to develop graduates with adequate skills in problem solving, analysis design and hands-on experience, necessary for successful careers
- Adopting a learner centered approach; the College of Engineering and Technology emphasizes students’ holistic development by providing close student-faculty interaction, cutting edge intellectual resources, and professional engagement opportunities
- Establish collaboration with the industry to ensure that students
- develop professional and technical competences
- gain real world interactions and involvements
- meet industry needs for highly qualified engineers
- Cultivate the values of teamwork, leadership, creativity and innovation through projects and activities
- Integrate applied and theoretical knowledge in the curriculum of the College of Engineering and Technology
- Ensure continuous development of the educational environment through faculty professional development, service opportunities, and engagement in research.